In front of the problems we’re experiencing with SourceForge downloads, the important files are now downloadable from SourceForge and MediaFire. Let us know if there’s any more problems!
IMPORTANT! Please go to the post of the mod you were trying to install if you have any question – including installation questions. The rest of this thread should be for modders discussions only.
If you’ve been instructed by the mod you’re trying to install to get Minecraft Forge, you’re just interested into that section. These instructions supposed that you’re familiar with ModLoader / ModLoader MP installation mechanism.
!!!IMPORTANT!!! PLAYERS, YOU ONLY NEED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE FILE BELOW:
FOR MINECRAFT 1.0.0 ONLY
FOR MINECRAFT 1.8.1 ONLY
Open your minecraft.jar, open the zip above, drop the contents of the zip into minecraft.jar, just as you did for the ModLoader and / or ModLoaderMP. You’re all set.
You’ve installed the Minecraft Forge API / compatibilty layers. You only need to do this once for all mods requiring it. Note that certain mod may include Minecraft Forge in their code, in which case you don’t have to install the forge, but it’s no harm to add it on top of the existing installation.
If you’re installing the forge on a server, use:
Open your minecraft_server.jar, open the server zip, drop the contents of the server zip into minecraft.jar, just as you did for the ModLoaderMP Server.
Note that the complete download area is located on https://sourceforge….ge/files/1.1.0/
Minecraft Forge is an API providing extra modding capabilities. These capabilities have been added to provide support for the different mods using the Forge. As of today, the forge contains:
- Infinite terrain and sprite indexes
- Support two-pass rendering
- Custom redstone connection direction
- Override block replacement/deletion
- Secondary properties for block (isNormal, isReplaceable, isAir, isBurning)
- Allow an item to have the first callback on a mouse click
- Custom explosion resistances by block and direction
- Custom filled buckets
- Custom armors
- Modification of list of mineable objects
- Advanced configuration files
- Fixed a serious bug in TileEntity transmission on SMP
It is intended to be an open source Minecraft modification layer shared among modders to minimize incompatibilities. This is an open-source project. If you need additional hooks and modification, feel free to talk to us and send a patch along. We’re welcoming committers as well.
You have the right to copy the forge, and to put it straight in your mods distribution. What the license requires you to do is to provide the sources of the forge that you’re using. If you’re not doing any modification, just pointing to this page is fine. If you do, you will need to publish your own modifications. Please have a look at the license for more details and feel free to ask any questions on this thread.
In order to start working with the forge, the best it to download the source package, unpack it under your MCP and install it:
For Windows users, you just have to run install.cmd. If you’re on linux, you need to copy files and apply patch manually for now, let me know if you got any trouble there. A install.sh for linux users too is on the way, but in the meantime, let me know if you have any setup problems.
Incoming search terms:
- minecraft forge
- client mods requiring forge
- minecraft forge village info troubleshoot
- minecraft forge tries to open into an adobe document
- minecraft forge server linux
- minecraft forge requires me to run program manually
- minecraft forge MediaFire
- minecraft forge 2 0 installer mediafire
- forge minecraft 1 0
- file minecraft forge forge essentials server complete recommended